Kalyazina Dar'ya Mikhaylovna, Student, Saint-Petersburg branch of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (15/17 Syezzhinskaya street, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Sokolov Nikolay Evgen'evich, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of business-informatics, deputy director for research, Saint-Petersburg branch of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (15/17 Syezzhinskaya street, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Fedorova Anna Evgenievna, Assistant, sub-department of businessinformatics, Saint-Petersburg branch of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (15/17 Syezzhinskaya street, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Background. A feature of teaching IT-cycle subjects at economic universities is that the technologies which are needed to teach students are constantly updated. This relates to the fact that the market of IT-products is rapidly changing. At the moment a new class of information systems – Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) has appeared. It allows to manage business processes at a whole new level. Nowadays BPM is becoming more popular, and that is why students of economic universities should study and work with systems of this class. One of the urgent problems is the choice of the system software, which teachers can use to educate. The research target is to analyze the market and to substantiate the choice of BPM system to be used in the educational process.
Materials and methods. In the study the authors used a method of choosing the software information system, that take into account the features of organization and conduct of the educational process in an economic university. The article substantiates by means of expert assessments the criteria which are important for choosing a BPM system and also identifies the weight coefficient for these criteria. In accordance with the established criteria the authors conducted a comparison and chose a BPM system.
Results. The analysis of the BPM-market was conducted. According to the analysis a list of BPM-systems was identified, than the authors compared every product in compliance with the weight coefficient of criteria. 6 systems were compared by 10 criteria. According to the analysis the researchers chose and compared software to be used in the educational process.
Conclusions. Three systems were chosen: Runa WFE, Bizagi and ELMA. These products will be used at universities in future. The results were approved in the educational process at the St. Petersburg branch of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation and the International Banking Institute in training of students who are majoring in “Business Information” and “Applied Information in Economics” and have proved their worth.
BPM, BPMS, BPMN 2.0, BMP-system, expert evaluations, criteria of software selection, business-process.
1. Panfilov I. B. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2013, no. 4 (28), pp. 323–330.
2. Koshev A. N., Kuzina V. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2012, no. 2, pp. 146–151.
3. Solov'eva E. O. Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University]. 2008, no. 1.
4. Kalyazina D. M., Fedorova A. E. Innovatsionnoe razvitie sovremennoy nauki: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Innovative development of modern science: collected articles of the International scientific and practical conference]. Baskir State University. Ufa: RITs BashGU, 2014, pp. 269–271.
5. Bondarenko E. Yu., Makhov A. M. Sovremennye issledovaniya sotsial'nykh problem [Modern research of social problems]. 2010, no. 1, pp. 52–53.
6. Derevyanko Yu. D., Printsev A. S., Sokolov N. E. Finansy, den'gi, investitsii [Finance, money, investment]. 2013, no. 1 (45), pp. 35–38.
7. Abramyan G. V., Katasonova G. R. Vestnik Nizhnevartovskogo gosudarstvennogo gumanitarnogo universiteta [Bulletin of Nizhny Vartovsk State Humanitarian University]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 3–5.